Location: Head Office in Oakville, ON Canada
Reports to: President & CEO
Evolve Business Advisory is a global business advisory company that works alongside our new and small entrepreneurial companies to Change, Transform, and Grow their business. We do this through our areas of focus Business Cultivation, Business Acceleration and Business Incubation for clients in CPG, Health & Beauty, Child Care, and On-Line Services among others. With offices or operations in Toronto, Newport Beach, Mexico City, and soon to be London Evolve delivers global expansion and limitless success to our clients.
Evolve is more than just a company, we are a group of originals that have united in the pursuit of growth and success. We are passionately dedicated to each other, our clients, and our partner companies to deliver results that matter.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) has the overall responsibility of identifying, securing, and delivering results for our clients through direct contact and/or successful leadership of the Business Development team. As Evolve is focused on passionately delivering results to new & small businesses, the BDM will be the primary contact for our clients and hold overall responsibility for achieving their goals. In addition, the BDM will identify and secure new client opportunities, have a detailed understanding of Evolve’s services and maintain a good working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders. Most important is the BDM’s ability to adjust and flourish in a wide variety of industries and services as well as a full understanding of the various sales channels and their pros/cons for our clients. Displaying the ability to adapt, learn and execute quickly and efficiently is paramount for success in this role.
Objectives of the Role
- Deliver on our service promise to our clients through the effective implementation and execution of short, medium and long term client goals
- Oversee the account management team, establishing critical paths and reporting to assure successful delivery of client goals
- Manage our client partnerships as the main point of contact while you build long term relationships directly or through the team as you drive to deliver results
- Assure regular client updates/check-ins as you keep our clients informed of progress on our mutually agreed to deliverables
- Establish & maintain relationships with channel partners (brokers, distributors, retailers) across North America
- Understand client requirements and develop strategic solutions through our service promise
- Collaborate with internal team (marketing, operations, finance, etc.) to communicate client needs and monitor to assure effective execution.
- Effectively communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee client project tracker, develop process to track timelines/milestones and assure execution through the account management team.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue and escalate as needed
- Oversee the management of the schedule, budget and service promise of our client mandate
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to determine whether KPIs (client and internal) are being met and identify areas for improvement
- Be an evangelist for Evolve’s service offerings as well as our passionate commitment to our client’s success and effectively articulate to potential clients and the BD team
Skills & Qualifications
- Post secondary education
- 5+ years of proven business development/account management experience in the CPG, Health & Beauty or other industries that utilizes multiple sales channels (Broker, Distributor, Direct to Retail)
- 3+ years of managing, mentoring, supporting and holding teams accountable to deliver results
- Strong ability to work independently or in a team
- Experience in delivering out of the box focused solutions based on client needs
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple client onboardings, establishing and communicating a plan to deliver on the client’s goals
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Self-starter able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- ROI and data analysis skills
- Project management skills
A very competitive wage, benefits package and amazing work environment awaits the right candidate.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Evolve is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Please contact us with your Resume to set up a confidential interview.