Evolve Business Advisory is a global business advisory firm that works alongside our clients to Change, Transform, and Grow their business. Our focus areas include brand acceleration, international market penetration, organizational change, mergers and acquisitions, start-up incubation/financing and contracted technical resources. With operations in Toronto, Chicago, Mexico City, Dubai, London, and Shenzhen, Evolve delivers global expansion and limitless success to our clients. Our unique business model keeps us heavily invested in clients’ success and we deliver guaranteed results.
Our global team consists of industry leading experts with years of experience and vast practical knowledge working with SME’s from all over the world. Evolve Business Advisory is more than just a company, it is a group of originals that have united in the pursuit of growth and leadership. We are dedicated to each other, our clients and our partner companies to deliver results that matter.
Located in South East Oakville we are looking to add a Controller to help lead the continued global growth of Evolve and our partner companies. We are looking for an effective problem solver with a communicative, results-oriented approach and an ability to motivate others.
The Controller’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing and / or establishing the correct structure, process and procedures to ensure that Evolve and our partner companies are able to report financial performance on a timely and accurate basis
- Manage all day to day accounting activities including receivables, payables, payroll, credit, banking, collections, etc.
- Analysis and monitoring of company results as well as budgets and profit forecasts
- Development and implementation of appropriate internal controls and accounting policies
- Manage and report on cash flow and cash requirements for Evolve and our group of companies
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual operating statements
- Development and implementation of budgets and profit forecasts for Evolve and our group of companies
- Supporting managers with interpretation of monthly financial results as needed
- Lead and manage office manager, administrative and bookkeeping team members
- Establish and manage all HR functions including benefits, the development of a handbook, WSIB, etc.
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of banks and other accounts
- Key contact for external accounting firm(s), CRA, IRS and other agencies as needed and required
- Track and report on expenses, profitability
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance or related studies.
- Certified Professional Accountant
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a controller or senior accounting team member with an international organization
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Work well independently as well as within a dynamic team
- Must be very meticulous, have a positive attitude, and be a great team player
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently
- Impeccable work ethic with a strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be familiar with QuickBooks, SAGE or another small business ERP and all Microsoft Office products
- Flawless written and oral communication skills
Competitive salary, comprehensive health package and other benefits await the right candidate. This is a recently open position and we are looking to fill the role quickly. If interested, please contact send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Working at Evolve Business Advisory is fun, creative and supportive within a fast-paced environment. Only those who we feel meet our criteria will be contacted for an interview.